Buy a shirtYou can now buy a shirt celebrating the Sea to Sea unicycle ride
- RT @NHSMillion: A huge number of NHS staff will be working this #BankHolidayWeekend to keep us well. Pls RT to show your support! https://t…-- 11 hours ago
- Leftovers in porridge today: carrot ends, orange juice, Greek yoghurt, cashews, honey, orange buttercream-- 14 hours ago
- #FMSPAD 25/5 Linen: I haven't used it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth, but I know where my towel… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…-- 1 day ago
- RT @TreasuryMog: Or pretend to be a towel #TowelDay https://t.co/m1pCBuJRJQ-- 2 days ago
- #FMSPAD 24/5 Hat: Happy #EscargotDay, which my snail marks by wearing a topper as well as sitting on one https://t.co/uzZ2cWiDjg-- 2 days ago
Author Archives: pmh1wheel
While browsing the Market of Curiosities at the Frome Steampunk Extravaganza last weekend, I got talking to the friendly people at the Hot Sauce Emporium stand. One of them turned out to be a fellow porridge adulerator, and one outcome from our discussion which … Continue reading
Due to mechanical difficulties, I wasn’t able to particpate in as many of the festival events as I’d planned. I did manage the first and last days though, and took a few photos while I was out.
It’s been a few weeks since LPW 2012, so I thought I’d better write up my thoughts on it while I still retain the tiniest scintilla of memory. This year’s theme was “25 years of Perl”, as the workshop was held just a … Continue reading
Over the last few years, I’ve made Mince pie porridge, Christmas pudding ice cream and Mince pie ice cream for Christmas. This year, I further improved the porridge recipe, and came up with a rather different festive ice cream.
Several months ago, I was searching the internet for recipes for ANZAC biscuits, and in the process found a few examples of people mistakenly calling them Aztec biscuits. That got me thinking, would it be possible to make biscuits using … Continue reading
The very successful Christmas pudding ice cream I made for the last two Christmases was actually my second choice, after not being sure whether my initial idea would actually work. However, a quick experiment showed that my fears were unfounded, … Continue reading
This year’s London Perl Workshop continued its well established trend of excellent and increasing quality.
Day 3 of Unicon XV (30 December 2009) was all about art for me. I toured some of Wellington’s cultural highlights, and watched the convention’s Artistic Pairs Freestyle (Expert) events.