- RT @sazmeister88: new government departments: Department for Levelling Up Department for Giving You Up Department for Letting You Down Dep…-- 11 hours ago
- Shed progress today: Another square yarr-d of deck be swabbed. And off camera, a brace o' fathoms of undergrowth ke… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-- 12 hours ago
- #fmspad2021 Free choice 19/9 Chain: On further analysis, I don't think the freewheel is dodgy after all; it's lack… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-- 12 hours ago
- #fmspad2021 19/9 Chair: Sitting on the recycling throne https://t.co/kgGRbT2D2h-- 12 hours ago
- RT @NHSMillion: Repeat after us: renovating a hospital does not make it a 👏🏻 new 👏🏻 hospital 👏🏻 twitter.com/borisjohnson/s…-- 21 hours ago
Author Archives: pmh1wheel
I didn’t do quite as well as last year, but I did get a few gongs Section 1: Cornish Class 28: Cream tea for one The first batch of scones I made didn’t rise very much. I’m not sure whether … Continue reading
Photos from the last day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln. Click on them for larger views
Photos from the third day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln. Click on them for larger views
Photos from the second day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln
Photos from the first day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln.
While browsing the Market of Curiosities at the Frome Steampunk Extravaganza last weekend, I got talking to the friendly people at the Hot Sauce Emporium stand. One of them turned out to be a fellow porridge adulerator, and one outcome from our discussion which … Continue reading
Due to mechanical difficulties, I wasn’t able to particpate in as many of the festival events as I’d planned. I did manage the first and last days though, and took a few photos while I was out.
It’s been a few weeks since LPW 2012, so I thought I’d better write up my thoughts on it while I still retain the tiniest scintilla of memory. This year’s theme was “25 years of Perl”, as the workshop was held just a … Continue reading
Over the last few years, I’ve made Mince pie porridge, Christmas pudding ice cream and Mince pie ice cream for Christmas. This year, I further improved the porridge recipe, and came up with a rather different festive ice cream.