- #fmspad 28/3 In the air: I may as well have the smoke alarm this close when using the grill, given how sensitive it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-- 58 minutes ago
- Leftovers in oat smoothie today: carrot ends, orange juice, seeds, garlic, Greek yoghurt, frozen pumpkin, dark choc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-- 13 hours ago
- #fmspad 27/3 The view: I have some extra route choices for my working from home "commute" as compared to going in t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-- 22 hours ago
- Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball https://t.co/AhGiPbAYxE-- 1 day ago
- #fmspad 26/3 So good!: Home made banana, peanut butter, choc chip and marshmallow ice-cream https://t.co/lIdGB2pZHF-- 2 days ago
Author Archives: pmh1wheel
I didn’t do quite as well as last year, but I did get a few gongs Section 1: Cornish Class 28: Cream tea for one The first batch of scones I made didn’t rise very much. I’m not sure whether … Continue reading
Photos from the last day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln. Click on them for larger views
Photos from the third day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln. Click on them for larger views
Photos from the second day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln
Photos from the first day of the ninth “Weekend at the Asylum” steampunk festival in Lincoln.
While browsing the Market of Curiosities at the Frome Steampunk Extravaganza last weekend, I got talking to the friendly people at the Hot Sauce Emporium stand. One of them turned out to be a fellow porridge adulerator, and one outcome from our discussion which … Continue reading
Due to mechanical difficulties, I wasn’t able to particpate in as many of the festival events as I’d planned. I did manage the first and last days though, and took a few photos while I was out.
It’s been a few weeks since LPW 2012, so I thought I’d better write up my thoughts on it while I still retain the tiniest scintilla of memory. This year’s theme was “25 years of Perl”, as the workshop was held just a … Continue reading
Over the last few years, I’ve made Mince pie porridge, Christmas pudding ice cream and Mince pie ice cream for Christmas. This year, I further improved the porridge recipe, and came up with a rather different festive ice cream.