- #fmspad 14/8 I made this: shopping list, and very exciting it was too https://t.co/Rf49lxIaqM-- 3 hours ago
- #fmspad 13/8 Fresh air: and a bit less dreich than at the start of the ride https://t.co/L2G6Clvs4T-- 1 day ago
- #fmspad 12/8 Create: Erm, well, this is a thing which has been made https://t.co/yuzbdaVYwE-- 2 days ago
- #fmspad 11/8 Wave: Not quite enough time to reach the sea on today's ride (ok, enough to get there, but not there a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…-- 3 days ago
- #fmspad 10/8 Sunny: but still enough cloud to temper the temperature, so pretty good cycling weather overall https://t.co/IOEl3VzQqA-- 4 days ago
Author Archives: pmh1wheel
Yesterday on the Coast to Coast unicycle challenge, I’d thought that my trip might be over, due to mechanical difficulties, but it all got sorted for the third day, 25 August 2010.
The second day of the Coast to Coast unicycle challenge, 24 August 2010, was a lot harder than the first for me, despite the relatively flat profile, which made me doubt my ability to complete the week’s journey to Sunderland. … Continue reading
Lack of time, battery and signal strength have prevented me from posting this until now, but the first day of riding, on 23 August 2010, was certainly eventful, and a good introduction to the Coast to Coast unicycle challenge.
After 140 miles over 4 days, our intrepid band.of 8 unicyclists have arrived in Sunderland. I don’t have the time or energy for a full report now, but I’ll be writing the whole thing up over the next couple of … Continue reading
This post is as much a test of the technology as anything; it doesn’t include much about unicycling, but hopefully has a couple of interesting things which happened on the way to the start of the Coast to Coast unicycle … Continue reading
Due to various last minute preparation activities during the week, and a deliberate avoidance for recovery at the weekend, I didn’t get quite as much time in the saddle this week as some previous weeks. I did manage one reasonably … Continue reading
The penultimate week’s training for the Coast to Coast unicycle challenge ride started off slow, as I was convalescing after last week’s injury. No riding for the first two days, to give my knee a chance to get better, and … Continue reading
The success of this week’s training for the Coast to Coast unicycle challenge suffers rather in comparison to last week’s, but there were a few highlights.
This week didn’t start out so well, with the whole Coast to Coast unicycle challenge seemingly in jeopardy, and equipment failure leading to a long walk home. My big ride at the weekend also included a rather hard jolt early … Continue reading